"Semi Precious Beads" is a trading name of "The Bead Lagoon Limited". For all matters they are assumed to be one and the same and may be used interchangeably.
Many of our products are of natural origin. They are likely to have variations and imperfections and our photographs aim to convey this accurately. All sizes, lengths and quantities are approximate unless explicitly stated. In particular, strand lengths and the approximate number of beads per strand are provided purely as a guide. Where the supplied product length/quantity differs you have not been charged unfairly; the price is calculated based upon the concept of "half" and "whole" strands only. However, we will refund pro-rata the amount that the strand length differs if this is the case.
Our products are labelled as accurately as possible at all times. If we believe a product is mislabelled or otherwise misleading we will endeavour to change our descriptions promptly. However, we will not be held liable should any listings prove inaccurate as mistakes do, on occasion, happen.
Where a product arrives that you believe is either not as described, damaged or otherwise not desirable to you please return it to us for either a replacement or refund. Please review our Returns Policy for details on how to go about this.
All packages are sent via Royal Mail and are not tracked unless otherwise requested or stated. Tracked shipping is available at an additional cost.
We aim to ship all packages received before our cut-off same-day. However, during promotional periods (and for a short period after) we are often unable to ship all packages to this speed but still aim to ship them within three business days.
Once shipped the majority of packages will arrive next working day - although in some instances it can take a little while longer. Certain packages may be sent via courier which can take a couple of days longer - please view our delivery exclusions for details. We cannot consider a package to be lost until 14 days have passed. However, despite the large volume of orders we ship this is exceptionally rare.
If a package does not arrive after 14 days we will resend the package to you. Please note that we never issue refunds in this case to avoid the possibility of abuse of this system. You are still covered by our money-back guarantee after the goods have arrived and can return the beads for a refund if they are not suitable.
We must be notified within 28 days of the order being placed if an order fails to arrive. If the products are now out of stock we will offer alternative products to the same value or provide a credit note, at the choice of the customer.
Whilst we endeavour to provide the best service and products possible, problems do occur from time to time and we like to ensure that problems are resolved quickly.
Our returns policy is very simple: if you are not happy with any part of your order you may return it, without quibble, for a full refund or exchange within 14 days.
- To return an item, please contact us with your name and the items you wish to return. If you wish to have replacements sent instead we can accommodate - providing they are still in stock.
- Please then return the products - wrapped carefully (as supplied) - to:
- Semi Precious Beads, 1 Homefield, Mere, Wiltshire, BA12 6LT
- Refunds are typically processed within 72 hours upon receiving your returned products. Exchanged products will be typically dispatched within 72 hours by our normal postage method.
Please note the following when returning items:
- Semi Precious Beads will not, under any circumstances, refund return or outgoing postage
- You must contact us within 14 days of receiving your order to advise us that you will be returning any products. We must then receive the returned beads within a further 5 working days. Otherwise, a nominal restocking fee of 10% will be charged. This includes returns where the product is damaged - unless otherwise arranged
- The customer accepts responsibility for returning products safely and promptly. We advise that you obtain proof of postage (this does not cost anything) and package the beads adequately. Products that arrive damaged cannot be refunded for.
- Refunds will be adjusted should the remaining total of the order fall below "promotion"/"discount" thresholds (for instance, if the total falls below the "Free Shipping" threshold, the standard shipping cost will now apply. This also applies to wholesale discounts)
Custom products & orders
Products that fall within the "custom" category include, but are not restricted to, commissioned jewellery/pieces, products ordered especially for a particular customer and any product that we typically do not sell in the form provided. Please be aware that all products that fall within this description are not covered by our typical returns policy and we do not, in general, accept returns on these items/products/services unless the product is damaged - in which case a replacement will be offered. A refund will only be offered if a replacement cannot be provided. Please enquire beforehand as to whether the product is covered by any returns policy if it is not clearly stated. Please note that, for any form of custom orders, the customer waives their rights within the Distance Selling Regulations.
Your privacy - and the security of your data - is paramount to us at Semi Precious Beads.
We utilise extremely high grade security products to ensure that our servers are safe. All checkout and private pages are protected by SSL certificates to protect the data you send. Similarly, all credit card information entered is done through some of the safest servers in the world.
Our data collection, storage and usage policies are simple:
- We only store personal customer data that is essential to the running of the business - in particular, contact details, address details and historic order details
- We may use historic order information to customise the display of products we believe you may be interested in
- We may e-mail you from time-to-time if you have placed an order in the past with our newsletter - but you may easily opt-out from this
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
- We will never sell your details to any 3rd party - not even anonymous or aggregate data
Semi Precious Beads & The Bead Lagoon Limited will not be held responsible and/or take liability for any losses caused directly or indirectly by the use of our website or by the use or purchase of any of our products, nor by any losses or damages caused by any other means.
This includes goods that are incorrectly or inaccurately listed or in the event a product we supply causes damage to persons or property.
All the products supplied by Semi Precious Beads / The Bead Lagoon Limited are for decorative purposes only. They are not designed for children and customer discretion should be advised when supplying any products that could be used by children.
All the content on Semi Precious Beads is © Copyright "The Bead Lagoon Limited" and may not be copied without permission. You are free to link to the Semi Precious Beads website without limit but, by copying any part of our content, you are infringing our copyright. This includes the use of "Web Spiders", content-aggregation robots and similar. We reserve the right to impose a charge of £100 (UK Sterling) per infringement (i.e., per page or part-page copied) plus any costs incurred in seeking these charges. The use, of lack thereof, of an explicit "Robots" policy (for instance, "robots.txt" file) does not imply acceptance of such activity and this charge will still apply.